Tuesday, May 11, 2010

STORY TELLING SCRIPT (SEMIFINAL).

My English Teacher

Good morning, everyone! I’m glad to have another chance to share another story of mine. Firstly, I would like to introduce myself. I am Talitha Yohana, and I’m from Methodist-2.

Do you guys know why I can stand in front of all of you right now? Probably it’s because of my English ability. But I believe that seed without water, soil, and sunlight will only be a seed forever. The same thing goes with ability in each person. I want to thank my English teacher for being the water of my ability. She’s the one who patiently taught me everything I need to know.

She’s kind, she’s pretty, she’s my best friend, she’s my English teacher, she’s Ms. Jun. She’s my mentor when I was in Primary 3. She taught me how to tie my shoelace when no one else had the time for that kind of simple thing. She’s the person who taught me “You are My Sunshine” song. Indeed, she brightened up my days. When the sky goes dark, she’s able to bring the shining light of sun to clear all my worries. And yes, to me she’s my sunshine who lights up my world.

Although she is a Singaporean, it was such a relief that she doesn’t speak like other Singaporean. Her English is really good. She showed me a lot of care. Not only to me, but to other students too. For me, she’s a fantastic English teacher and a fantastic friend.

I have a lot of memories with her. She once accompanied me to wait for my mom to pick me up. Before she came, I was so afraid if my mom forgets to pick me up, and the fact that I didn’t dare to ask for permission to borrow my school’s telephone. I was such a shy person when I was young. When she passed by me, she kindly asked me what I was doing as she could guess what I was thinking through my face expression. I didn’t answer her as I didn’t listen to her since I was so scared. That understanding teacher directly asked me for my mom’s phone number and rang my mom up. I didn’t know what she said to my mom. But when she ended the call, she asked me to wait for my mom and told me that my mom will be arriving soon. To be true, no one has ever done that kind of thing to me.

When my mom arrived at my school, my mom told me that she had to do something before picking me up and she was so sorry. Ms. Jun softly said to me that if that kind of situation happened again to me next time, I shouldn’t be afraid to ask for her help. I thanked her and finished my conversation with a smile.

That’s one of my experiences with her as my teacher. Like I mentioned before, she’s a friend to me too. There was one time when I had a refreshing with my classmates at Sun Plaza. We went there after a stressful school examination week. While walking, we met her with her son, Noah. We greeted her and by the time we saw that cute little baby boy, we played for a while with him. Suddenly, Ms. Jun asked whether we have eaten. We told her that we haven’t had lunch yet and we were just on our way to have one. She directly asked us to have a lunch with her and said that she was going to treat us at Seoul Garden. Of course my classmates and I didn’t want because we would only go if we paid by ourselves. She insisted to treat us, and there’s nothing we could possibly do. We felt a little awkward at first, but she told us to enjoy the food. While eating, we talked about the examination that we just did. Once in a while, we played with Noah. After all of us finished our lunch, Ms. Jun said that she was going to go home. Before she left, we thanked her. It was such a wonderful afternoon!

Everything I told you was my Primary moments with my English teacher, Ms. Jun. I’m very glad to meet her again in Secondary 1 as my English teacher. She was the one who prepared my classmates and I for Singapore International Primary School Leaving Examination (iPSLE). Because I didn’t manage to get an A for my English, I got a B, I was very upset that time, and she’s the one who cheered me up. But I was considered better than others. Some of my classmates cried for the bad results they got. All my appreciations went to her, for her efforts in teaching me with all of her heart.

Now, I’m in Methodist-2, so I was not able to meet her again. Sometimes, I phoned her because of missing her and asked how she was doing. From all teachers I have ever met, I have never met such a caring teacher. It’s not because I didn’t like other teachers, but it’s like she’s more special than others. She treats me like her own sister. She will not be forgotten, she gives me a great impression about her, and she gives me a point that teachers are not evil. Her advices are all in my head, it keeps me move forward. Ms. Jun is the best teacher that I have ever had.

That’s my entire story about my beloved and unforgettable English teacher. Thank you for your time and attention.

Sealed with a smile,
talithayohana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment