Friday, February 15, 2008

Girl Power

So it all starts with a fabulous weekend hanging out with my gal pals Reagan and Katie. They came from different parts of the US to see me in Brooklyn. This was to be the home base for our weekend of girl power...meaning yes, we went to see the spice girls on their reunion tour!



It was so great! Aside from the fact that we were surrounded by adolescent girls in which the meaning of "girl power" was completely lost, (as you can see, we were utterly disgusted)


we were singing, dancing, screaming along with the girl pop icons of our late teens/early twenties.

More than just the concert, I was able to take two of my most favorite gal pals to my most favorite haunts of New York City. We went to Lombardi's (the best pizza in the US), Rice to Riches (every flavor of rice pudding you can imagine), the Fluevog store (my favorite shoes, Reagan bought 1 pair, I bought 2!), and the Brooklyn Inn (home to most of my Friday nights and Tom the bartender that makes a mean cocktail!!).


To me, it is the best feeling in the world when something I love, becomes a love to the people I love. Confusing yes, but doesn't it make complete sense?

If you would like more info on the weekend, you can also go to reag's blog...
http://reagansblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment