Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weddin' in the Dirty South

So this morning I was getting ready for work, and it dawned on me...holy guacamole! I am moving in just a little over two months! You know that feeling you get when you have been putting something off and finally come to the realization that you cannot put it off anymore, and then the panic sets in. I have felt this way too many times in my life to count. For some reason the lesson is never learned.

I am sure most of you are thinking...2 months is a ton of time. However, I am not just moving across town. I am moving across many states from Brooklyn, NY to Austin, TX. And on top of it all, I must plan a wedding. Granted, this will be a very small wedding in comparison to most of the monstrosities that happen, but it's still a wedding, and every girl knows how much of an ordeal weddings tend to be. Every time one starts planning, they say "this is our wedding...we will do what we want and invite who we want." To that I say, "WHATEVER!!" The wedding is about keeping people happy and making sure they have fun. For example, planning the guest list with my boyfriend (I refuse to say such an ewwie word as fiancee) has turned into a discussion of...well, if we invite this friend, we will need to invite this person so that friend has someone to hang out with, and if we invite this uncle, then we will have to invite that aunt because we don't want dad (brother of said aunt and uncle) to be upset or given a hard time by the family. And so it begins...the major ordeal. Thankfully, I do have a very supportive boyfriend and fantastic best friend, Reagan Weaver (my maid of honor). Sadly, she lives in a far away place called Oxford, MS. Ugh...I miss her so!!

After the minor stress-out of this morning was over, I came to the realization that just as all things have happened in my life so far, it will all come together...although I'm sure not without a few freak outs, internal screaming fits, and long stress relieving workouts. Hey, maybe I will lose that pesky 10 lbs my body seems to want to hang onto. Gotta see the bright side somehow, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment