Wednesday, May 5, 2010

STORY TELLING SCRIPT (AUDITION).

Unforgettable Experience

Good morning, all judges and my beloved friends. Well, today I would like to share one of my unforgettable experiences. It was when I joined a Singapore motivation programme called Adam Khoo Learning and Technology Group. I joined this programme in 2007, about 3 years ago. It took place at Tiara Hotel, Brastagi. At first, I was tortured to join this program, my parents have paid for it, and so it’s a must for me to go, no matter what.

First, my parents dropped me at Piaget, it’s where the participants gathered together, and we all went to Brastagi by bus. By the time we arrived there, the coaches welcomed us by cheering us up. The music they turned on was unleashing our joy. Some of the coaches were from Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia. It was the first year for the programme to be held in Medan.

We spent four days and three nights there. The first day of the programme, we were divided into groups and each team was handled by a coach. The trainer that year was Muhammad Amin, he’s a Singaporean. He’s a man who is full of jokes, yet he is very brilliant. We had to start at 7 am in the morning and finish at around 12 am. Some of the Muslim coaches were on fasting, since it was fasting month, but I was surprised that they manage to be so energetic.

There were about 200 students from all around Medan who joined the programme, including students from Sutomo, Methodist-2, Methodist-3, Medan International School, Singapore International School, Piaget, Prime One School, and many more. We were taught to set clear goals and take action until we succeed. It’s not only succeeding in our study, but to succeed in life. The key is to believe that nothing is impossible and to have the bravery to do. Not only that, they showed us many videos from Oprah Winfrey shows to show that some people who are disabled but they have motivation to live life even they are not in good condition.

I found that it was exciting and interesting. Every single little thing that they taught me was really worthy for the cost I had paid. Overall, there is one more video which I can’t forget. The video shows me how brave and kind every mom is. Flash backing to the memories when I scolded her, it was the mistake that I just realized. Actually I didn't want to cry but I did. I saw that how mom struggled to death just to save me was unbelievable, and look what I could do to pay for her kindness, nothing at all. All I can do is just thanking her and make her proud and never make her feel regret for having me. That’s the memory I could never forget.

The last day was the most touching day. The three days I've gone through with the group were fun. We treat one another as one family. But I keep in mind that if there’s a beginning, there’s an end. Parents were all coming to fetch their children. But before that, participants were given the chance to speak in front of everybody and to thank their parents for sending them here. Many participants came out, but I couldn't, because there were too many people waiting in front to grab the microphone one after another. They thank their parents to still love them, although, we, as children, sometimes do the bad things to our mom and dad. Most of them cried badly on the stage. It’s not embarrassing though, what matters was the feeling that parents got when they heard it, and the bravery to do. Even though I didn't thank my parents by standing up on the stage, I ran towards them and hugged them tightly not wanting to let them go and said, “Dad, mom, I love you, and thank you for every thing.” The sentence is ordinary, yet so powerful. The tiring day ended with buckets of tears of joy.

We, my parents, siblings, and I, stayed a night there because it was too late for us to get back to Medan, and the fact that we were all very tired. I somehow missed the moments there so much. I missed my coach, my friends, and everything there. I wished I had a time machine which could bring to that moment and enjoy the addictive feeling there, laughed out loud in the middle of the night and supported every team member. While in reality, we all had to separate and go on with our own life. We were all looking forward to seeing one another next time. We exchanged e-mails to keep in touch. Gladfully, we still keep contact until now. The whole thing was a gift from God, which I thank every second of the day.

I wish I could join this year’s camp too. I wish to meet those people with big smiles, I wish to meet people and cheer them up. I never get bored of telling others this story. This experience means a lot to me. It seems very special to me, very memorable, very valuable. You can’t buy experience with money; all you got to do to have experience is get up and go out of your comfort zone.

Overall, I have learned many lessons, but above all, I learned that age doesn't matter. Many people like to say that young people can’t do anything. It’s not true. There’s no such thing as you were young so you could do nothing. We’re the one who can make tomorrow brighter because we’re the next generation.

That’s all I would like to share for today. Hopefully, I can share more and greater life experience with all of you. Thank you for your time and attention.

Sealed with a smile,
talithayohana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment